The COSine Art Show features exceptional 2D and 3D art from artists all around the region. You can just browse or bid on pieces to take home! Bidding is done via written bids (we don’t have a voice-auction).
A lot of pieces also have a quick-sale price if you want to grab the piece before some other art-lover gets to it! (Quick-sale is only allowed if there are no bids on the piece).
Art Show Hours*
- Friday, 3pm-7pm
- Saturday, 9am-5pm
- Sunday, 10am-1pm
*Subject to change. Check the program book or at the art show for updates.
This is a list of the Amazing Artists from our COSine 2020 Art Show! Hopefully we will see a number of them back again this year!
CAG Student (Alli Hampton)
As we get more confirmations for 2022 we’ll get you more information as to whose work you can expect to see. WOOT!
A few things for artists to know:
- We do have many repeat artists but are always looking for new local sci-fi and fantasy artists. If you are interested in displaying and selling art, please contact Karen (our art show director) here.
- COSine does NOT accept mail-in art! We do accept artists who mail in to an attending agent (not me) who will take care of everything for you.
- Fee: Full weekend membership + $5/panel and $5/table + 10% of sales
- There is a discounted membership rate for artists who are displaying work in the art show.
- You must be pre-approved before you can purchase a table/panel since there may not be space left. Contact the art show here.
- The art show has 30 panels and 25 tables available, and they fill up fast!
- Panels are about 4′ x 4′
- Tables are about 6′ x 2.5′ and are covered with a black table cloth.
- The art show uses written bids–there is no voice auction!
- We ask artists to get their art checked-in and hung (or placed) on Friday between 3pm and the close of the art show that day. Blank panels and tables hurt us all!
- Artists pick-up and payment will be from 3pm – 4pm on the Sunday of the convention.
Some general advice for artists:
- Pieces that are not related to Sci-Fi/Fantasy/Horror themes generally do not sell well.
- Pieces $50 and under sell better than those over $50 at a small convention.
- Artist information sheets, rules, and control/bid sheets will be emailed about 3 weeks prior to the convention. There will also be about 5 hoops to jump through before that (such as providing a bio and photo).
COSine Art Show Director